Romarm signs the memorandum of understanding with the Italian manufacturer Beretta Holding (2)

Must Read

Telerenta expands operations in Poland. investments toreach 1.5 million Euros by year-end

Bucharest July 10, 2024 - RBJ - The Romanian tech startup, Telerenta, which operates the only electronic equipment rental...

The Direct Pharma Logistics group of pharmaceutical companies is expanding its operations in Bulgaria

Bucharest, July 3, 2024 - RBJ - The Direct Pharma Logistics group of pharmaceutical companies, consisting of Direct Pharma...

In 2023, Romania surpassed Spain, and Portugal, as well as all the eastern EU states, including Poland, in terms of current individual consumption per...

Bucharest, June 27, 2024 - RBJ - According to an analysis by Eurostat, published recently, Romania made an important...

By Edwig Ban
The Plopeni Mechanical Plant will start producing Beretta assault weapons in about six months
The Plopeni Mechanical Plant, a subsidiary of the National Company Romarm SA, will start in about six months to produce Beretta assault weapons, based on a memorandum of understanding signed Monday with the Italian company Beretta Holding, Economy Minister Niculae Bădălău said at the signing of the document .
“This protocol between Beretta and the Plopeni plant is an important moment, a strategic project We will be able to produce a modern, modern, weapon at Plopeni. We will produce a Romanian product even if it is under the name of Beretta. In the near future will be established the joint venture, and at the latest six months will start production, “the minister said.
The Romanian state will hold 80% of the joint venture through the Plopeni Mechanical Plant and the remaining 20% by Beretta Holding. In the first phase, 15% of the weapon components will be produced in Romania, with the share of domestic production increasing with the capacity of the factory.
“In the next period the offset contract will be negotiated, which will mean the modernization and endowment of the plant,” Bădălău continued.
Present at the event, Franco Gussalli Beretta, President Beretta Holding, said that long-term partnership with Romania is very important for the company he represents.
“I am very glad to be here today and thank the Ministry for this opportunity to collaborate with the Romanian arms industry and we can not wait for the success of the future. The collaboration between our companies is a sign of collaboration between Italy and Romania, a collaboration that was very strong both both politically and industrially.Beretta, we are very glad to be part of the industrial collaboration between Romania and Italy.Beretta has a medium and long-term approach and it is important for us to establish a bilateral relationship The start of the work will be gradual, and Beretta will help Romarm to fabricate the components, meanwhile it will help them to complete the weapons, for us it is important that the medium and long term project, so it is important to establish a project with a country like is Romania, “he said.
Beretta reiterated the 6.5 million euros that the Italian company is willing to invest in Plopeni.
“We need customers and Romarm needs a partner,” he added.
The partnership with Beretta will allow the creation of 150 new direct jobs, plus the horizontal ones. At present, Plopeni employs about 300 employees.

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Telerenta expands operations in Poland. investments toreach 1.5 million Euros by year-end

Bucharest July 10, 2024 - RBJ - The Romanian tech startup, Telerenta, which operates the only electronic equipment rental...

The Direct Pharma Logistics group of pharmaceutical companies is expanding its operations in Bulgaria

Bucharest, July 3, 2024 - RBJ - The Direct Pharma Logistics group of pharmaceutical companies, consisting of Direct Pharma Logistics, Pharmalink, and Farmatop, dedicated...

In 2023, Romania surpassed Spain, and Portugal, as well as all the eastern EU states, including Poland, in terms of current individual consumption per...

Bucharest, June 27, 2024 - RBJ - According to an analysis by Eurostat, published recently, Romania made an important leap in terms of real...

Three students from Romania want to revolutionize aircraft avionics. They were awarded at the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). Among the prize winners...

Bucharest, June 18, 2024 - RBJ - Filip Bușcu, David Ghiberdic and Rareș Marinescu, students at the Bucharest International Informatics High School, won a...

Media Fact Book 2024, Initiative: The local media market will reach a record value of 762 million euro by the end of this year

Bucharest, June 17, 2024 - RBJ - The media market in Romania has been on a stable upward trend in 2023, reaching an estimated...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -