Romania, the EU champion of the total population that owns the homes in which it lives

Must Read

ROCA Industry announces that its subsidiary Bico Industries will take over the majority stake in the Lithuanian company SmartTech AG

By rbj ROCA Industry, the holding company that brings together the construction materials companies in the ROCA Investments portfolio, announces...

Hungarians fear inflation, but also global recession. The opinion of the Central Bank of Budapest. Viktor Orban’s government expects inflation of 20% in 2022

By rbj Inflation could accelerate to around 20 percent in the coming months, said Barnabás Virág, vice president of Bank...

The annual inflation rate stagnates. Will the Central Bank succeed in reaching the target for 2022? The BNR missed the inflation target in the...

By rbj The annual inflation rate in July 2022 compared to July 2021 is 15%, slightly decreasing from 15.1%, and...

By Andra Beltz
Over 96% of Romania’s population lived in a privately owned home in 2020, the highest percentage among European Union member states, Eurostat statistics show on Thursday, according to the national news agency Agerpres.
At the level of the European Union, 69.7% of the inhabitants owned, in 2020, the house in which they lived, a slight decrease compared to 69.8% in 2019. In Romania the trend is reversed, the percentage of those living in the house personally owned by increased from 95.8% to 96.1%.
Other countries with a high degree of home ownership are Slovakia (92%), Hungary and Croatia (both with 91%).
Eurostat points out that in most countries, with the exception of Germany, the percentage of those who own a home is higher than that of tenants. In Germany, half (50.4%) of the inhabitants own the houses in which they live while the other half (49.6%) live in a rented house. However, the data show that in the case of Germany the percentage of landlords decreases from one year to another, from 51.1% in 2019 to 50.4% in 2020, while the percentage of tenants increases, from 48.9% to 49 , 6%.
Other countries where the percentage of homeowners is low are Austria (55%) and Denmark (59%).
Eurostat data also show that, at EU level, 53% of the population lives in a house and 46% in an apartment, while the remaining 1% live in another type of space such as a house on rivers, caravans, etc. Ireland, with 92%, is the country with the highest percentage of people living in a house, at the opposite pole being Spain where 66% of the people live in an apartment.
In Romania, 65.9% of the inhabitants live at home and 34.1% live in an apartment. But Romania ranks last in the EU when it comes to housing size, measured by the average number of rooms per person. While in the EU the average is 1.6 rooms for one person, in Romania it is 1.1 rooms for one person. The best in this respect are Malta with 2.3 rooms per person, followed by Belgium and Ireland, both with 2.1 rooms per person.
Also, the quality of housing, which can be measured in several ways including the percentage of the population living in a crowded house, Romania is the country with the highest rate of congestion (45.1%), while at EU level more at least 18% of the population lived in a crowded home in 2020, down from 19.1% in 2010.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

ROCA Industry announces that its subsidiary Bico Industries will take over the majority stake in the Lithuanian company SmartTech AG

By rbj ROCA Industry, the holding company that brings together the construction materials companies in the ROCA Investments portfolio, announces...

Hungarians fear inflation, but also global recession. The opinion of the Central Bank of Budapest. Viktor Orban’s government expects inflation of 20% in 2022

By rbj Inflation could accelerate to around 20 percent in the coming months, said Barnabás Virág, vice president of Bank Magyar Nemzeti. According to the...

The annual inflation rate stagnates. Will the Central Bank succeed in reaching the target for 2022? The BNR missed the inflation target in the...

By rbj The annual inflation rate in July 2022 compared to July 2021 is 15%, slightly decreasing from 15.1%, and compared to December 2021 it...

Topoloveni plum magic, wins another market in Asia, that of Vietnam, through the Discover European Treasures European program

By rbj "Sonimpex Topoloveni continues its presence at international fairs where it promotes the Romanian gastronomic tradition through the "Topoloveni Magiun din prune" Brand. The...

Techcelerator organizes the first SEE Tech Mission at the Web Summit 2022

By rbj Techcelerator, the most active accelerator in Romania for technology start-ups, organizes the first SEE Tech Mission, a group that will gather regional start-ups...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -